This technique for cooking a fillet of fish or chicken is to create a crust, full of flavor, quickly browning the crust to seal the natural juices of the fish into the meat. To brown and seal the fillet requires a small amount of oil and a fillet that has a reasonably flat surface, so the entire surface is in contact with the pan less oil is needed. The idea is to brown and seal. Use ingredients that compliment the flavor of the fillet!
Remember, you create the flavor and if you like it with Basil, use that instead! You have more ideas to create the flavor YOU crave and will impress while doing it!!
2 TBSP Parsley, fresh chopped or dry
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
4 tsp Thyme Leaves
1 Whole Lemon
½ tsp Black Pepper, fresh ground
½ tsp Kosher Salt
2 tsp Fresh Garlic, minced
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 ea Egg White
1 Lb Sea Bass Fillets
1 ea Fresh Lime
2 TBSP Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil
1) Grate or zest the Lemon, do not get the “white” under the skin.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine Parsley, Parmesan Cheese, Thyme, Lemon zest, Garlic, Salt, Pepper and Bread Crumbs. Mix Well.
3) Heat a skillet, broiler.
4) Rinse the Sea Bass
5) In a shallow bowl place the egg white and beat lightly with a fork.
6) Take fillet, dip in egg white, then into seasoned bread crumbs to evenly coat each fillet.
7) Place butter or olive oil in pan and melt, and coat entire bottom of pan.
8) Cook fillets about 4 minutes per side.
9) Serve with a Twist of Lemon
Eat in Health and Enjoy!
Phone 801-230-9180, www.sauceyskillet.com
Follow on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
Watch for the Food Trailer in a neighborhood close to you!