Chef Carl Rubadue. www.sauceyskilletacademy.com
An omelet is such a versatile and easy menu choice and what better way than to start your day with one! An Omelet can be enjoyed at breakfast lunch or dinner, and what you use as ingredients really is limited only by your imagination, possibly what is in the refrigerator, or your FEAR that it may not be good! Have no fear! These are easy and fun!
1 to 2 Bacon strips, cooked and drained of excess grease
2 TBSP Onion minced
2 Ea. Eggs
1 TSBP Sour Cream
Oil or Butter
2 TBSP Cheddar Cheese, sharp grated
¼ to ½ Avocado, ripe
1. Cook the bacon to a light crisp. Drain on a paper towel to remove excess grease and chop
2. Crack eggs into a bowl, and whisk. Beat until lightly fluffy. Add sour cream beat until smooth.
3. Heat a small amount of oil or butter in an egg pan. Swirl to cover entire bottom
4. Place chopped onion into heated oil. Cook 1 minute. While onion is cooking,
5. Whisk the egg and after whisking 1 minute, while still whisking, add the egg and sour cream mix to the oil and onion in pan.
6. With high temp spatula, gently lift and lightly stir eggs while cooking.
7. Flip and continue cooking while adding in the bacon and the cheese.
8. Just before finishing, add the avocado and fold omelet closed.