PROSCUITTO BASIL WRAPPED SHRIMP
This is a delicious, elegant and sure-to-WOW appetizer! The 4 simple ingredients combine for a quick dish, leaving your mouth with a lightly smoky flavor that compliments the tender Shrimp and accents the fresh basil. There are a few things to remember when you are shopping that make this dish.
1) Use large shrimp. 16/20 Shrimp works best and translates to you will have 16 to 20 pieces or whole shrimp per pound when you buy them.
2) Have the Proscuitto sliced very thin. Ask the deli personnel to slice it, and shingle the Proscuitto on patty paper. You want it as thin as possible that leaves the slice intact and does not shred. This will allow you to roll the basil and the shrimp in it; it will not over-power and will allow a slight crisp to happen when the shrimp is cooked and ready to eat.
3) Use fresh basil. Nice leaves that are not wilting or discolored.
16 Ea. Shrimp 16/20 Ct. peeled and deveined (1 Lb)
8 Sl. Proscuitto Ham cut as described above
16 Ea. Basil Leaves, whole
1/8 Cp White Wine
1) Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
2) Thaw and rinse Shrimp under cold water. Drain well
3) Place slices of Proscuitto on Flat cutting board.
4) Cut Proscuitto in half length-wise
5) Place Leaf of Basil on Proscuitto at the end closest to you.
6) Place Shrimp on top of Basil Leaf
7) Roll the Proscuitto and the Basil around the Shrimp tightly.
8) Place on paper lined Baking pan. Repeat until all shrimp are wrapped.
9) Sprinkle all with White wine.
10) Bake in pre-heated oven until Shrimp is just cooked about 8 minutes.
11) Remove from oven, place on platter or plate and when cool enough to eat,